www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Monday, July 27, 2009

Gotta Love Working the Phones

Since I had the phones last from yesterday, they were still transferring to my phone this morning. So at 9:59 as I was about to head to the Circ desk my phone rings:



Me: Good morning, so-and-so Library, how may I help you?

Lady: (chuckles) Well I was expecting to get a female like most other times.

Me: (laughs along with her, thinking to myself I really need to stop procrastinating and write about the Library being a "Woman's World.")

Lady: Now that I think about it, I'm glad I reached a guy.

Me: Sure, I'd be glad to help you.

Lady: (chuckles) Alright well, when you have a female cat and you "get it done" its called "spaying" right?

Me: Yes ma'am.

Lady: Well, what is it called when you do it to a male pet? You know, neuter a dog, when you chop off its nuts.

Me: You're correct, its called "neutering."

Lady: Are you sure?

Me: Yes ma'am I am sure.

Lady: (chuckles) Great! Thanks a lot.

hangs up...



I guess its better than the phone call I received from an elderly lady who requested a female coworker to speak with. I transferred it over to my friend, who later comes back to my cubicle to tell me the caller was looking for books about puberty for her granddaughter. Better my coworker to handle that particular call than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment