www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Libraries CAN be Exciting...

During my last hour on the desk today, I noticed a police car with its lights on pull into the parking lot. I figured he probably caught someone speeding. Next thing I see is him pulling up to the front entrance and going up to a lady that was sitting on a bench near the doors. He handcuffs her and another squad car pulls up and they start searching her.

A patron walked in with her young son and made a comment about how libraries used to be a safe place. The lady I was working with on the desk whispered to me to not make any comments. She's also on loan from a different branch as well.

I don't know what's wrong with this particular branch, its not in an unsafe location. This lady also told me about the time she asked this couple if they needed help. The woman said in Spanish that she needed to hide the guy. This caught her by surprise and she didn't have time to respond before the couple ran out of the door. Shortly after a police car pulled up and a cop searched the library for them.

All I have to say is that I really miss my "problem patrons" at my branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment