www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Friday, September 3, 2010

Where it all Falls Down...


So this week marked the first week of Fall semester... SIGH...  It was just last week I was enjoying the ocean breeze.

I am taking one class with my friend/coworker, this is her last semester and she reminds me every single time I see her (punk).  Exactly half of the class is male, not only was this one of the first observations my friend made, but also the professor.  And yes, I have spotted the one annoying classmate.  The one whose comments/questions make class longer than necessary and are completely irrelevant.

They also tend to be socially awkward and do not notice that the whole class is irked at them.  To make matters worse is that she is the female version of Napoleon Dynamite.

Statistically speaking these people suck the life out of any class:
Only 1/8th of their comments contain some sort of relevance to lecture or add something to class and 1/10th of their questions make any sense.  That's makes them 7/8ths a waste of seat space and 9/10ths certified stupid.

My other class is much more entertaining, and not so much the fact that it is dominated by "younger" females, but the professor seems to have a sense of humor I can relate quite well with and I don't think she owns any cats.

So here's to the start of another semester.

2 comments:

  1. When I first started working on my degree I was horrified by how many of my classmates were computer illiterate hausfraus. I have nothing against those who start a second career later in life or moms returning to work, but cripes in a master's level program I expect one to know how to use a computer.

    Don't worry, it will all be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you know my mantra??

    "It will all be over soon, it will all be over soon, it will all be over soon..."

    I'm making the best of it, thankfully no major group projects this semester. One girl in my weekly assignment group suggested we do it all through Facebook... Seriously?? I don't even know you and you want to work virtually on FB and I only sign on monthly if that... Sheesh... GoogleDocs FTW.

    ReplyDelete