www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Thursday, November 1, 2012

My first comic, presenting 'The Library'

Since no one has read this blog in its entirety, its okay -- I couldn't finish 50 Shades of Grey, let me say that I go through these creative phases.  From using discarded library books as a medium to clay sculpting (as minor as it was), I get into these moods and I can't shake them until I actually go through the process.

Late one night a few weeks ago, I'm just about to go to sleep when I say, "Hey, I want to do a comic strip about the library."  Yeah, I know there's already one and it's pretty damn funny: Unshelved.  But who is to say that the current state of library-related comics is already saturated that and I'll do as I damn please thank you very much.   I mean, what's Coke without Pepsi, what's McDonald's without Burger King, what's OverDrive without... exactly!  Now may I present to you the first, of who knows how many, "The Library" comic strip.

Please excuse any grievous formatting issues, this is a first for me.

Yes, we did have someone call in to see if they could bring their cat with them to vote.  My supervisor didn't even hazard any form of response.  I guess he wasn't up for getting into an inane argument with a stranger so he just gave them the number to the elections board.  Mr. Huffle-Puff deserves to have his voice heard!  I mean, how else is our caller supposed to make the right decision on the ballot if their cat isn't there to lend a paw.

2 comments: