www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"I Sneezed into a Library Book"...


Well, this year's much hyped snowpacalypse was a letdown.  Only half a foot fell around this way, it was good enough for a Monday paid day off though.  It kind of surprised me when I came in to work on Tuesday to find out that only one circ person came in for the whole day.

With only myself and the branch manager closing, I was shunned to the circ desk.  It really isn't a big deal to me, but I know several librarians who absolutely detest working the circ desk.  In this day and age of "doing more with less" in the library, you just gotta roll up the sleeves on your cardigan and suck it up. 

Checking books in and out reminded me of how disgusting library books can get.  I found myself reaching for the Purell every time I wasn't touching books or money from fines.  I found this gem under the circ desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment