www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Thursday, September 10, 2009

If You Can't Stand the Heat... Get Out of My Library

I'm a religious follower of the cartoon 'Unshelved' (www.unshelved.com), as I'm sure most library workers are. I remember a few weeks back they were making fun of the point that their library was being advertised as a relief shelter from the summer heat, despite their A/C not working.

Well I can relate, but our A/C actually works. It just isn't set low enough to feel any negligible difference between outside and inside. The county raised the temperature threshold of all the buildings, so it can get very warm inside. A lot of patrons have complained but that hasn't changed anything. This building isn't exactly new so the ventilation is not great. While its tropical humid at the circ desk, its cool 2 feet away in the backroom, and downright frigid in the stacks near sci-fi. Can't wait to see what it'll be like in here during winter. I'm all for an open bonfire in the middle of circ, I know some great romance novels that would burn nice and toasty - Harlequin Series, I'm looking right at you!

No comments:

Post a Comment