www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Monday, November 16, 2009

I Love My Coworkers...

They're all unique and fun to work with.
One of them is new to the area from Iraq. She worked in the Green Zone in Baghdad for 2 years before coming to the States. I found this out while we were both avoiding working the circ desk the first hour of opening. All the problem patrons seem to pop up then.
It was our first time actually getting to know each other. When I asked her what she wanted to do here, she just laughed and said it was "silly." After a little bit more of playful prodding, she said she wanted to be an actress, but her family told her it was stupid. I told her she should go for it, she just blushed and said, "you don't think its stupid?" I told her this is the States, you can do whatever you want, be whoever you want to be. Hate to resound on that cliche, but it is true. Hope she just doesn't become "Hollywood" and forget who I am when she becomes famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment