www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Monday, November 9, 2009

Trick-ed and mis-Treated

I knew it was a bad sign 2 weeks ago when one of the circ managers pulled up a chair next to me while I was working the phones.  The first thing she said was, "Have you heard already?"  To be honest, I didn't really hear directly that my stay was being extended another pay period, but I already heard that they told the other circ aide about her extended stay.

Just as I was counting down the days to my return to my regular branch, they screw up my calender.  I can only suck it up, at least it's not as bad as what they did to a third circ aide they "borrowed."  Her two pay period stay turned into a THREE month stay.  Whenever I was working the circ desk with her, she would regularly vent to me about how they really did need to borrow staff from other branches.  I did agree with her to some extent, the managers could have better scheduled the staff they have, until the new hires come in.

Now, I have a new variation to the phrase "Same ish, different day,"

"Same ish, different branch"

No comments:

Post a Comment