I have to say it, the Hunger Games movie will be a huge let-down. It's bound to be that way. Honestly, the book was a decent read, 3.5 out of 5. Not sure why everyone and their mother thinks it's 5 out of 5. I think it's the hype and the hive-mind at work. And the trilogy only goes downhill from there: Catching Fire, and Mockingjay were just plain boring to me.
1. 8 out of 10 times, movies based on books are never as good as the actual book, which leads to reason #2
2. The book wasn't all that to begin with so yeeaaaa...
3. Hollywood ruins everything it touches, need I say more?
4. Have you seen the trailers? Hate to say it, but I'm not feeling Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss; loved her in "Winter's Bone" though.
5. Hive-mind Hype: much like Harry Potter, the people who "love" the books, will not be able to admit that the movie is lackluster. As someone who has never read a Harry Potter book, the movies were entertaining but nowhere near my all time greatest movies.
So yes, while I already am fairly certain that the movie will be "meh," I will still be watching it opening weekend with a bunch of YA librarians from my last branch. Don't believe the hype...