www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Library Cinemagraph


I have a new found fascination with making cinemagraphs.  A couple of weeks ago, there was a weather prediction for one day of snow.  The night before, I charged up my digital camera and placed it near my door to make sure I wouldn't forget it.  I got to work 30 minutes early, as usual, and set up my T3i on my Gorillapod and placed it on a book cart and started taking videos of everything.

The amount of snowfall was perfect, enough for it to stick but not enough to close the library.  Before I knew it, it was time to open the branch.  My first hour was on the desk and we only had our handful of morning regulars come in.  Within that first hour the snow really started to come down in big flakes.  My supervisor came out to the desk and said that he would cover the desk while I shot some more footage.  I felt creepy taking footage in the library with patrons around so I made my supervisor pose in one of my shots.

I was excited to get home and work on it.  This turned out to be my favorite one.

No comments:

Post a Comment