www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Monday, April 8, 2013

To all of my older female library coworkers...


I have a better understanding of why every fan in the library is set to Category 5 -- every single day of the year.

I don't think the A/C turned on at all today.  Yes, there were numerous complaints from patrons, but because upper management feels the need to micromanage every single thing, including every branches' thermostats, we were stuck with a warm, stuffy library.  This is when the temperature actually peaked, it was a steady 80 degrees all day though.

If I ever make bank, I will buy all of my library friends individual fans for their cubicles.

2 comments:

  1. It seems to be a constant battle in libraries. In the library I work in the facilities team get calls every day about the temperature, some saying it's too hot and others saying it's too cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay with too cold, you can always layer up. You can only take off so many articles of clothing in the library...

      Delete