www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Monday, January 13, 2014

How many veteran librarians are there???


Just another rejection notification to add to the pile.  But this is the first time I've ever been told that it is because there are veteran librarians who have applied.

I only know of one librarian who is a veteran.  We had several classes together, we ended up sitting next to each other in each class and being partners in numerous group assignments.  They were getting their MLIS through the GI Bill.  But other than that, I don't know of any others nor do any of my library people.

I'm not mad about not getting any further in the hiring process for this particular position because there were veterans applying for it.  I'm just really curious as to how many there are.  I would prefer they get the job than some random who shouldn't haven't gotten their MLIS in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment