www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Today I Learned (@ The Library): Who Enrique Ocatavo is.

Earlier this week a patron approach me at the info desk asking for "books by Enrique Octavo."  She had a thick accent but I was pretty sure I heard her correctly so I instantly thought that this would be a simple transaction solved with a quick author search.  The search yielded no results, so I double checked with Amazon and came up with Spanish music CD's. 

I had her check the spelling and she said it was correct, I followed up by asking if this Enrique Octavo was an author; she said that she was looking for books about him.  So then my brain said, "Well, if this guy is popular enough to some books written about him, surely Google will tell me who he is."  Lo and behold, it gave me the answer - Henry VIII.  Damn you premium subscription network Showtime, how you've let me down!

You see, I recently upgraded to a "Smart" TV, coupled with my Amazon Prime account, I have been streaming all sorts of random shows and movies.  I came across the Showtime series The Tudors, and I've been chugging along through all the episodes.  You would have thought that maybe Henry might have been referred to as Enrique in the show maybe once during his marriage to Catherine of Aragon which came before his marriage to Anne Boleyn which was after his affair with Anne's sister Mary.  See, all that nudity in the show hasn't been distracting me from learning about history!

No comments:

Post a Comment