www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Monday, December 21, 2009

Not in my Job Description...


I get to work this morning to see a plow truck clearing up the parking lot. The back entrance wasn't plowed so I walked around to the front of the building. I'm greeted at the door by a coworker who asks if I'm up for sanding the front entrance and bookdrop. Sure, why not, wouldn't want any of my older coworkers to slip and fall.

There were two people actually waiting at the door for it to open at 10. Started off the day with the bare minimum staff, 3 info and 3 circ. The first patron I helped on the desk remarked how surprised she was that we showed up. On her way out she turned around and said "thank you."
And they say libraries are "nonessential." Tell that to all of the patrons who came in today. I'll have to take a look at the circulation numbers tomorrow.

You can't say libraries aren't necessary, especially during times like this when more people flock to them.

2 comments:

  1. When you work in a public library everything is in your job description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babysitter, Xerox technician, Fine collector, Janitor, Groundskeeper, Security guard... yes, the list goes on.

    ReplyDelete