www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Monday, November 29, 2010

Damn You Black Friday!

I HATE Black Friday.  My whole goal this, and every, holiday season is to avoid any shopping mall at all costs until mid-January.

I worked a couple of Black Fridays at Worst Buy and I was a business undergrad, I know how it goes down: a few hot items in stock and A LOT of yelling/fighting between shoppers.  So call me a sucker for spending over $500 last week.  I just got a notice from PayPal that I've moved over 5g's through them alone this past year. I feel like I'm trying to resuscitate this economy on my own.

During a staff meeting, we had a group exercise to get to know all of the new coworkers and I was supposed to say my favorite activity.  The nerd in me was going to say, "playing video games," but my friend/coworker called me out and said, "shopping," to which I could only reply, "Hell yeah!"  It's just that I can't say no to a good deal, especially if there's a chance to make some money. 

My Black Ops deal was the perfect storm for making money AND getting something you want.  It was B2G1 (Buy 2 Get 1 for you newbs), plus there was a discount code, free shipping, and cash back through a referral site.  The two other copies have already sold on Amazon Marketplace, for a profit of course and my only regret is that I didn't get more to sell.

If only my hustling skills could be recognized and used in the library.  They should put me in charge; I would find a way to save the library A TON of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment