www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You Always Remember Your First...

A middle aged patron came up to me at the circ desk and asked if he could get a new library card. The card he was holding was well worn and was split right in the middle horizontally. I really have no idea what these patrons do with their cards, but so many of them are also split right in the middle horizontally. Okay, I'll admit I've used mine to shimmy (attempt to) open a door, so mine is also dinged up. These patrons cards do not show any signs of bending, it's like someone cut them with a pair of scissors, but I digress.
So after I scan in a new card for him and hand it over, he bashfully looks at his old card and asks if he can keep it. I reply, "Sure, I don't see why not." He smiles and tells me that it was his first library card as he picks it up and walks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment