www.ShoptheLibrary.com

Friday, March 4, 2011

That Time of the Month Again...

Yesterday all 25+ of the library staff were forced into the meeting room to stare across the tables at each other for 2 straight hours. As you can see from my notes, nothing really important is ever discussed at these meetings.
We did celebrate the 20th anniversary of an employee. Yeah, she's a page. I cannot fathom what its like to page for a decade straight let alone TWO decades. I would go insane. She's been through two building renovations, and numerous managerial regime changes. She's a great person and worker. I wonder if I'll end up "stuck" at the County for the next 20 years too...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like the meetings we have here, a whole lot of nothing wasting a lot of staff time. Could be worse. When I used to work at Bootstrap Metro U., those meetings were EVERY FRIDAY and lasted 3 hours because the boss just could not stop talking and droning. It was literally a wasted half day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you won't get stuck in the public sector for 20 years -- in at least 10 the whole place will be run by automated services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DWB,

    That sounds like that violates OSHA and/or the Geneva Convention, how did you survive that torture??


    Miss SHUSHIE,

    How can I prepare for our automated overlords?

    ReplyDelete